Do you have a Walt Disney World vacation coming up? Then it is time to get with the program and learn how to use the Disney Park Pass system.
Disney World will be using the Disney Park Pass system to manage attendance and allow for social distancing in the theme parks. Makes sense right? At least for now, there will need to be fewer guests in the park each day so a park reservation is needed in addition to a park ticket in order to enter the park.
Since availability is limited, I recommend that you make your park pass reservations as far in advance as possible to get your spot! If there is availability, you can change it later.
At this time, park hopping will not be available but that could change at some point in the future.
Availability for the park reservation system will begin in phases on Monday, June 22, 2020 at 7am. If you booked your trip with a Magical Castle Vacations’ professional, we have already reached out to you to provide assistance.
How It Works
Here’s how to use the Disney Park Pass system—and start planning for your return to the magic!
Step 1: Link Your Admission to Your Disney Account
To get started, you’ll need valid park admission that’s linked to your Disney account.
- First, you’ll need a Disney account, which is where your Walt Disney World plans are stored and managed. Create an account or sign in to your existing account.
- Then, link your valid admission to your Disney account. All Guests in your party must also have valid park admission linked to their profile. Note: At this time, new ticket sales are temporarily paused, and sales will resume at a later date.
- If you have a Disney Resort hotel reservation, be sure to link it to your Disney account as well.
Once your admission is linked to your account, you can begin to make a park reservation.
Step 2: Create Your Party
When you begin to make a reservation, you’ll be prompted to create your party from your Family & Friends list.
Simply select the family and friends you’d like to include, then select “Continue”.
Don’t see someone in your travel party? Select “Add a Guest” to include them.
Note: You may need to make more than one Disney Park Pass reservation for your party depending on your admission type. Please make sure your party consists of Annual Passholders or theme park ticket holders.
Staying in a Disney Resort or other select hotel with a package that includes tickets? Everyone in your party must also have a hotel reservation. If this varies, you will need to make separate Disney Park Pass reservations.
Step 3: Select a Date and Park
Choose the date and the theme park that you’d like to visit from the available reservations. Please note that dates and theme park selections are limited and subject to availability.
After creating your party in the Disney Park Pass system, you’ll be prompted to:
- Select a Date: View a calendar and choose one of the available dates for your visit.
- Select a Theme Park: Park hours will be displayed for your convenience.
- Select a Time: This is the time that you can visit the park.
After selecting your date, park and time, you can confirm your reservation.
Step 4: Review and Confirm Your Plans
Carefully review and confirm your selected park and date.
If you need to make any changes, select “Back” to revise your selections.
Before confirming, you’ll need to agree to the Terms & Conditions, including the COVID-19 liability waiver. Then, select “Confirm” to complete your park reservation.
Once confirmed, your reservation will appear in My Plans.
Want to make another park reservation? Select “Make Another Reservation” to continue planning. As a reminder, if you have a multi-day ticket, you will be required to make a park reservation for each date of your visit.
Your new reservation(s) will appear in My Plans—both online and in the My Disney Experience app.
If you need to cancel a reservation, view your daily itinerary in My Plans, then select “Reservation Details”.
You’re All Set!
Get ready to experience the magic of a Walt Disney World theme park.Important Details
- Reservations are limited and subject to availability and are not guaranteed until a reservation is finalized.
- At this time, Guests will be able to select one park per day; visiting more than one park per day will be temporarily unavailable upon the reopening of the theme parks due to attendance limitations.
- A park reservation must be made for each day of entry. If you have a multi-day ticket, you will be required to make a park reservation for each date of your visit.
- We highly recommend that you make your park reservation as soon as you complete your ticket purchase, as availability can change until the reservation is finalized.
To read Disney’s Know Before You Go guide, a comprehensive, and every-changing, guide to all of the changes at the Walt Disney World Resort, please click here.
Are you ready to book your next magical adventure? Let a professional travel planner take all the stress away for you. We help find just the right resort, package, park tickets, dining reservations and options for your family. Contact Katherine@MagicalCastleVacations.com or call 607-330-1531 to reach your own, dedicated, travel concierge!